Friday, April 29, 2011

Spring!

I am loving the warmer weather of Spring. Now, if only the 200 mph winds would die down it would be a great time to be outside with the kids! It is so nice to be outside again and feel like our lungs are breathing fresh air! Brylin is such an outdoor kid and would play outside the entire day if I let her. Braysen is still unable to control his breathing when the wind blows in his nostrils so he enjoys it far less!
We had a great Easter celebrating the hope of our salvation last Sunday. We were down at my parent's house and, as always, Grammie did it up big. There were over 120 eggs to hunt and awesome Easter baskets for all the kids...including Braysen! Brylin had such a fun weekend playing with her cousin Addison and I hardly ever saw her and Braysen enjoyed the extra attention and loving arms to carry him whenever he let out a little peep. I am just always reminded of how blessed I am on Easter as I think about Jesus no longer being in the grave and that I am saved because of His sacrifice! It is also such a reminder of God's extravagant love when I see my two healthy kids and my ahh-mazing husband standing beside me! What a great holiday!
The kids are growing like weeds it seems lately. Brylin finished up her gymnastics class and was bumped up to the next level even though she is too young because her teacher said she was "too advanced" for the class she was in. Obviously our little girl is not going to grow up to be an all-star gymnast, but it has been amazing to watch her skill level develop so quickly in those classes. It makes an ex-athlete very proud! So, we are going to start her again in the summer with the bigger kids and hopefully she will still love it as much as she has!


She is constantly saying hilarious things and I have an ongoing document at home where I sit down when she says something and type it up really quick so I don't forget. She and Braysen are also becoming such good buddies. Brylin is very good with him and she brings him toys and pretends to hurt herself and fall over just to make him laugh. Braysen gets so pumped when Brylin comes into site. He tenses his legs and clenches his fists and just starts to scream with happiness! If she talks to him he bursts into this belly laugh even if what she said isn't funny at all! It warms my heart like nothing else to see them enjoying each other!



Braysen is well over 6 months now and he has changed night and day over the past month. He is sitting up all by himself now and playing with his toys. He rolls over and coos in his crib in the morning until I come and rescue him. He is eating all kinds of yummy veggies and fruit. Although, he is a milk boy I believe. His excitement for baby food is about a 4 out of 10. Last summer my Mom got a bunch of fruits and veggies from her garden and her fruit trees and made baby food for Braysen and froze it. So amazing and it makes me feel good to know he is getting very basic, very healthy food!
Now, I always thought Brylin loved her Daddy, but Braysen is a whole other level of adoration for Brad. He hears his voice and starts to turn his head all around (sometimes straight backwards over his shoulders) to try to find him. And, when he finds him, it is immediate joy! He loves his Daddy so much and I think Brad is just a little pleased by that!
Brad is still working on the basement and is about to start the sheet rock. It is starting to look more and more like an actual basement. Our fireplace is in down there, the tub is in, the insulation is up, and the electrical is pulled! What a task for Brad! But, he is doing so awesome. The other day the inspector came to make sure he had done the insulation according to code. He came upstairs with a little smirk on his face and said, "Bit of a perfectionist is he?" Ha! That he is!



This Sunday is Mother's Day and it makes me feel so blessed that God has allowed me to be a Mommy to two precious little kids. It is such an indescribable feeling to have 2 little ones love you so much and to be their #1 comfort and support. I am so thankful for my family!

2 comments:

  1. Britt, I am pretty sure you get more beautiful every time I see you. Happy Mother's day to you my friend! You are an awesome mom! Miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE reading these and looking at the pics that accompany your stories. You are such a great mom...so caring, tender, loving, and patient with them. You take extra time to make sure they understand right and wrong, to explain how things work, to make sure they fed spiritually, to build a love for Jesus in thier little hearts. Its inspiring, Im blessed by you!

    ReplyDelete