Tuesday, January 25, 2011

First Post

This will be my first official post on our new blog. I haven't written anything since Halloween on the other blog so there is so much to write about! We had an awesome Thanksgiving and Christmas! There was lots of time with family and it was really fun to watch our kids in their different stages as we celebrated the Holidays!
Braysen is now 3 months old!! He is such a good baby I can't even begin to describe him. He sleeps really well. He is sleeping from about 7:30-7:30 at night and then (as long as we are home) taking 2 really great naps of at least an hour. If we are out and about he doesn't fare so well! Of course, now that I am typing this, he will probably change his patterns and begin to not sleep well at all! He is a total chunk and eats constantly! He is so chubby and round and his little round face just makes me smile. He has started laughing which is hilarious. He smiles constantly and my very favorite thing about him right now is the "conversations" he will have with us. He oohs and aahs and coos and gurgles. He will talk for awhile and then stop and look at you and raise his eyebrows like, "your turn" and then sits and watches you while you talk. Once you've finished talking he begins again! He is just so awesome!
Brylin has gone through another tough streak. She got another bladder infection which means more testing to figure out why. Ughhh! Poor little thing. We spent the entire Sunday last week in Urgent Care as she had spiked another super high temp. We knew immediately what it was but had to spend the whole day waiting for them to tell us we were right! So, we are on antibiotics now and waiting to schedule our appointment to see what's next. Please pray for Brylin and all the un-fun stuff coming up for her!
Other than that she is just her smart, inquisitive little self. She is really into reading her Bible right now. She loves to have the stories read to her and then she will re-tell them to her babies. The other day she was telling the story of Jonah and the fish to her baby and I had the privelage of hearing it. It started out with some mumbling which is what she does when she forgets a part. And then, in a loud voice, she says, "And Jonah saw the fish and Jonah said Eeeeeehhhhh!" I had to laugh because I got to thinking that was probably exactly what Jonah was thinking when that huge fish was swimming towards him. I had just never thought of it until Brylin told the story from a 2 year old perspective. She has also fallen deeply in love with her Daddy! She talks about him constantly and the other day we were watching a wedding show and she said, "Mommy someday you can get a beautiful dress like that and get married." I told her I already had a wedding and married Daddy. She told me, "No, I am going to marry Daddy in a beautiful dress!" I told her he was already taken and she said, "But, I really love Daddy too!" So cute to see her adoration for her Daddy!
Brad is still working on the basement. He passed the first inspection yesterday. Of course he did, he's a total perfectionist. The guy doing the inspection kept talking about how he couldn't believe how precise Brad's work was. Obviously he doesn't know Brad. It is looking awesome! We also had the plumber come and set the tub and put some pipes in for other water stuff (very official plumber lingo there).
This weekend we head up to Breck to see my brother marry his beautiful fiancee, Kate. We are excited to see them get married and spend time with family and friends. Breck is one of my favorite towns ever! I'll try to post more frequently and figure out this new system soon!

2 comments:

  1. Britt,

    I LOVED reading this. I had no idea Brylin got sick again. Poor baby! How is she feeling now? Im so glad to hear Brayson is sleeping regularly, more sleep for Mommy! My favorite part was about Brylin wanting to marry Daddy. What a precious relationship. Can't wait to see you guys this weekned. Can't wait to be your sister :) Love, Kate

    ReplyDelete